Staying in control when playing online
Playing social casino games should be nothing more than a fun pastime. It should never have any negative impact on your life. Here are some tips to help you maintain control of your gameplay:
👍 Keep it fun
Playing computer games is a form of entertainment, but you have to keep moderation in mind. Do not spend too many hours of the day playing games – remember that you have a life to live away from the computer screen. Do not try to use the games as a way to generate income by redeeming prizes.
👍 Set a budget
Setting limits for your entertainment and sticking to them is essential to ensure your gameplaying remains a healthy hobby. Only purchase sweepstakes coins if you can afford to. One of the great things about sweepstakes is that you can always use free play, and most will give you a chance to win free coins through various promotions – no purchase necessary!
👍 Use the sweeps casinos’ gameplay regulation tools.
Most top sweepstakes sites offer a way to self-regulate through different measures, including session reminders, daily limits and self-exclusion, and account closure options. If you feel like you’re taking your gameplay too far, these tools can help you regain control. Remember – you play the games, but the games shouldn’t play you.
How to tell if your gameplay is getting out of control
If you think your or someone else’s computer gameplay is becoming problematic, then it may be useful for you to consider the self-assessment questions below.
- Do you spend a lot of time thinking about past gameplay experiences?
- Do you think about future gaming sessions with anticipation?
- Do you hide your gameplay from your family and loved ones?
- Do you lie about how much time you spend playing or how much you spend on sweeps purchases?
- If someone interrupts you while you’re playing, do you get angry?
- Do you use games as a way to cope when you’re upset?
- Do you play games early in the morning?
- Do you stay up late gaming instead of getting enough sleep?
- Are you able to stick to the gameplay limits that you set yourself?
- Have you ever called in sick or skipped classes to spend more time playing games?
- Does your gameplay make you feel embarrassed?
- Have you ever had arguments with family members or loved ones about your gameplay?
- Is gameplay the main hobby in your life?
- When playing online, do you forget appointments, responsibilities, or deadlines at work or school?
- Are you spending more time than ever playing games online?
- Would you rather play games than attend social events?
- Do you experience big emotional highs and lows when playing games?
If you answer ‘yes’ to more than 5 of these questions, it’s more than likely that you’re having difficulties with your gameplay. In this case, we advise you to seek help from a qualified organization or professional. In the next section, we’ll discuss where you can find help.
Help is always available if you want to get help, you can reach out to the following national organizations and state agencies:
Gaming Addicts Anonymous (CGAA)
📧 Email address: [email protected]
📞 Telephone: 970-364-3497
List of Help Organizations by US State:
Protecting minors from gambling
Parental control and supervision ensure that only legal adults can access sweepstakes games. We encourage readers with children in their care to use the tools available to prevent minors from accessing inappropriate online material.
Other tips to keep children away from inappropriate online games:
- Keep your username and password safe.
- Do not let children use your device unattended, and do not use the “Remember Me” feature.
- Do not give children access to your bank cards and bank account details.
- Use filtering software to prevent your children from accessing inappropriate material online.
Enjoy social gameplay safely!
– the Sweepstakescasino.net team